Sunday 22 February 2015

My Current Skincare Favourites

Now, I am no skincare expert. Until about 4 or 5 years ago, I used to think that washing my face meant a sweep of a face-wipe. 
The internet has revolutionised the way that I look at cosmetics in general, with YouTubers and bloggers being hugely influential in the choices I make. Bloggers like Lily PebblesVivianna Does Makeup and A Model Recommends are full of amazing advice and I read these blogs and watch these videos, along with many others, on a daily basis. 
I have now found a skincare routine that I am happy with. No longer do I come in from work and take my makeup off with a face wipe (perhaps I'm a little less lazy nowadays, but they don't half dry out my skin!).




Bioderma is my new 'face-wipe'. This water like liquid is absolutely amazing. On my more lazy days I will just use this before I moisturise, on less lazy ones, I use this to remove the bulk of my make up before I give my face a proper cleanse. 
I will put this on a cotton wool pad and sweep all over my face and it is gentle enough to use on my eyes.
I also use this in the morning before moisturiser to get rid of any residual make-up or grime I may have missed the night before.


This is the first cleansing balm I have ever used, but I think it is actually the nicest cleanser I have ever tried. It smells amazing, and feels extremely luxurious. I've never had a facial, but using this makes me feel like I'm doing a mini-facial at home. It is also really lovely and moisturing for my skin (which is quite dry for the most part, with a slightly oily t-zone).
I fish some of this out of the pot, and rub it between my fingers to warm it up. It turns into an oil when it is warm, so once it is this consistency I massage it into my face. I then wipe it off with a flannel and hand-hot water. I don't recommend rubbing too much of this cleanser in your eyes though, it does sting slightly and makes my eyes go a bit hazy after I've cleansed.


My toner of choice also feels very luxurious. It has a really herbal scent that took me a while to get used to, but it feels really refreshing on my skin. I use this after I have cleansed and do it just because it feels nice really. I am sure there are many skin-care benefits to this product, but I simply use it because it is nice and cooling. You can also use this to set your make-up, or spritz it during the day if you are feeling a bit too warm.


I am fully aware of the cult following that this serum has, and I can completely understand why. I only have this small sample bottle, which I am rapidly running out of, so I will be purchasing the full size shortly. I pour a pea sized amount of this product into my hands and pat it onto my face. When I use this, I always wake up with amazing feeling skin in the morning, so it must be working some sort of magic over night.


Here is another sample-sized product that I have fallen in love with. I am slightly more reluctant to buy the full size version of this, firstly because of the price tag, secondly because I have loads of eye creams that I need to use up. This one is just so, so lovely. It is beautifully cooling and really helps with puffy eyes, I have been using this at night and in the morning, and I just really want to get the full size. It smells like cucumber, and reminds me of summer. Surprisingly, this sample has lasted my quite a while as it has a deceptable amount of product in it, and you only need a tiny amount.


This product is a real multi-tasker. You can use it as a cleanser, primer or moisturiser. I use it as the latter and think it is perfect as an evening mosturiser. It is quite a light cream, which I like best as I hate going to sleep with a greasy face (with the exception of one product, see below).
I find that it makes my skin feel really plump in the morning, and absorbs really quickly.


I suffer really badly with dry lips, and this is my go to product at the moment. I slather this on before bed and I wake up with really soft lips. It is the only product I have found that really works. I used to love the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, but it has just stopped working for me which is a shame. I would use this lip balm during the day too but I am savouring it. It is also so much more convenient to have the eight hour cream in stick form just for your lips!


My day time mosturiser of choice is a new found favourite. I discovered this after trying a sample and find that it is perfect under make up. When I use this, my foundation just looks nicer. It gives me the perfect base before makeup, sorting out all my dry patches, It is also not too greasy, and doesn't have that uncomfortable greasy feeling that I detest.


The first of two masks that I use on a regular basis, this one is for when my skin is feeling particularly congested. It is super-powered stuff, and has bits of what looks like seaweed within it. I leave it on for about ten minutes, and in that time it dries crispy. I wash it off with a flannel, and it gives my face a good old exfoliate because of all the residue in it. It does make your face feel really clean, but I only use it every so often as it is quite drying.


On the other end of the mask spectrum is this super moisturising one from Origins. It is extremely thick but really does the job, whilst smelling incredible, just like peaches. I put a thick layer of this on before I go to sleep, and just leave it on over night. It is a bit sticky and greasy, and will make your face stick to the pillow, but in the morning it is all absorbed and my skin feels so soft!

So there we have it, my current skincare favourites. I change things up a bit every so often, and love to try new bits and pieces, but for now this works.

This is a bit of a different blog post to the previous ones, and I know it won't be to everyone's taste, but it is something that I enjoy talking about and researching into. I can't have an exciting weekend every week eh?

Until next week,

Hollie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollie Laura. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig