Sunday 1 February 2015

Pay-day treats

So, this Friday I was paid for the first time since Christmas eve. January has seemed like a very, very long month.

After my driving lesson, we headed to Bluewater shopping centre. I had a deep craving for a Nandos, and it did not disappoint! I may have been treated to something (from Pink), but more on that later on... Bluewater shopping centre is like every single other shopping centre, just so much bigger. It is also not the sort of place you take photographs for a blog, even though I took my camera! Who wants to see a photograph of me stood in front of TopShop?!

After Bluewater, we headed to Ikea (and finally got some bedside tables), and then headed home and fell asleep in front of a film.

A bit of a lay in was had Sunday morning, but I was eager to get out of the house as soon as possible. We headed into town, and grabbed some lunch first of all.




We went to a little café called Glutton and Glee and it was yummy!
Find it here: Glutton and Glee Guildford
They do a delicious Rice Crispy cake, which had lots of chewy marshmallow in it and was extremely sickly sweet. Exactly my sort of thing!

Now, where can you take nice pictures in a town centre? Outside Space NK?

Or what about Guildford Castle?


 
It was a bit windy!


All I can think about now is Spring and Summer. How nice it will be when we can sit by the castle without the cold wind making us shiver! As much as I like Autumn and Winter fashion (warm knits and winter boots) I now have a huge yearning for warmer weather. When I see my first Daffodil is when I know Spring is near.

We spent the rest of the day darting in and out of various shops. We spent quite a bit of time in Mappin and Webb, to my dismay. Watches don't really interest me, but he could stare at a Rolex for hours!

I picked up a few things...

 
 

Is it wrong to display my underwear choices on the internet? I don't know, but Pink by Victoria Secret do some nice knickers!

Pink by Victoria Secret

 I don't think you can order online, but they have stores in Bluewater and Westfields. I really wanted their 'I HATE RUNNING' top. Maybe next time.

I also picked up this bra set from Next. They are just simple, black and white numbers. A sort of 'every day' bra.

Space NK purchases next. I am still looking for a lip balm that actually works. I went through a phase of loving Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, but it has stopped working. The 8 hour cream one seems nice, but I am still undecided. Time to give Dr.Lipp's Original Nipple Balm for Lips a go. Originally designed for breastfeeding women, this nipple balm is now generally used and marketed for the lips. I've heard and read positive things, so we will see. Find it here: Nipple Balm.

Another hyped range that I have wanted to try for a while is the This Works- Deep Sleep range. If i'm honest, I don't have that much trouble sleeping, but for nights where I'm feeling wide awake, I will give it a go. Maybe a review to follow? This Works - Deep Sleep Night Time.

My last two purchases are YouTube related. First of all, one of the new Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes. I picked up the blusher brush. I have since removed the packaging, and this brush feels ridiculously soft. Find the brush here: Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush
The design and look of these brushes is so beautiful. It looks so nice on my dressing table.
I am obsessed with the Pixiwoo girls' videos. Please do search for them on YouTube and watch. They are who taught me what I know about makeup.

Finally, another YouTube love, Tanya Burr. When I heard that she was bringing a book out, I knew that I would buy it. I find her so down to earth and normal, yet so sweet. I would quite like her life, but for now I will just read about it. Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr.


It is so late, and I have got to get up for work tomorrow. I need to be more organised when it comes to writing these blog posts. Maybe ten to midnight on Sunday isn't the best time?

Until next week,

Hollie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollie Laura. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig