Thursday 2 February 2017

2017


I know that the whole 'new year, new me' concept is very cliche. January the 1st 2017 was, after all, just another day. However, I like to use the new year as, not a fresh start as such, but an excuse to make some changes to my life and outlook on life that might make me a happier and healthier person this year. I have a number of new years resolutions and aims for the new year, some perhaps more achievable and realistic than others. But why not give them a shot. After all, shouldn't we always be striving to live the best life that we can?



1. Look after my body. It is very easy to get into bad habits that are not good for my physical health. For a start, eating toast or sugary cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and a ready meal for dinner. I am certainly someone who likes my sugar laden, processed foods. It is a huge lifestyle change for me, but I am trying to eat cleaner, healthier and fresher food. I am someone who catches every cold going, so hopefully a change in diet will mean a stronger immune system. Along with eating fresher foods, I have also decided to only eat meat at the weekends. I feel so passionately about eating less meat, for various reasons I won't go into now. It is so easy to make a delicious meal with no meat in it at all, but I will treat myself to a burger every so often!
I want to get exercising more too. I adore being outdoors, in the countryside, surrounded by nature. At the moment I am unfit, I can only run for 15 minutes before I have to stop for a rest, but I would like to try trail running, as well as other outdoor activities in the warmer months. I love the idea of getting into kayaking! And a trip to 'Go Ape' or two is definitely on the cards.


2. Look after my mind. I believe mental well-being is just as important as physical health. It is so easy, especially with the career path I have chosen, to feel down about my shortcomings. To feel like the way my career is going is inadequate and disappointing. To constantly compare my life to friends, or other 26 year olds, or other musicians. And it can really get me down. The aim is to really focus on me, live my life and go at my own pace. When I learn to do this I think I will feel much more content. This is, of course, more easily said than done. Social media can be toxic, and it is easy to become obsessed with the fact that I am not as successful as that person on Facebook travelling all over the world doing amazing things. I want to spend less time on social media and more time going out and doing things that I find fulfilling, and hopefully in turn that will make me a happier, more contented and calmer person. A positive outlook on life is important, and I am never more content than when I'm laughing with my friends and loved ones, so I will try and make more time for moments like this, rather than dwelling on the negatives.


3. Take every opportunity that comes my way.  I am terrified of failure, and sometimes that means I turn down opportunities that I feel scared or uncomfortable about. I want to be braver and bolder. I want to venture out of my comfort zone much more often. Because who knows where certain opportunities may lead?



4. Visit places I've never been to, and re-visit the familiar places too. As mentioned earlier, I adore being outdoors. One of my favourite things to do is go on a long countryside walk, or find a new little quaint village to explore. I feel so lucky to live in Britain. There is so much beauty in this country, so many amazing places to visit. These photos were taken on a crisp, cold but sunny day in Winchester. On my doorstep, but such a joy, I can't get tired of it.
 There is also so much culture to discover, and I'd like to visit more museums, see more historical sights, and spend more time in London and other cities.
I want to do more abroad travelling this year. Last year I only made it to Austria, but I already have holidays booked for Paris, Rhodes and Tenerife this year. I think I'm happiest when I am on holiday (who isn't?!).


5. Blog more. It is easy to say 'I don't feel like taking blog photos today' and not post anything for months. I need to force myself to be more creative, to shoot in interesting places, to put together outfits that I find inspiring and to write more. I feel like I'm still getting to grips with the whole blogging thing, and this year I want to learn more, keep developing and working on the blog and most importantly find my 'niche'.



Unfortunately the majority of the outfit I am wearing is sold out. This fantastic coat was a bargain. It is from the 'Alexa Chung for M&S' range and I managed to pick it up in my local store at the tail end of the January sales. This retailed for £125 and I got it for £52. It's the perfect length and fit, but unfortunately completely out of stock now.
One thing I can link though, are these gorgeous Topshop embroidered jeans (Find them here). They come in blue and white too.

 Here's to 2017!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollie Laura. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig